Packing Your Bags for a Rarotongan Holiday
When headed on holiday to a new destination for the first time, packing your bags can be tricky business. We are fortunate enough to live here on the beautiful beaches of Rarotonga, so have some expert advice on exactly what you need to bring with you to get the most out of your Rarotonga Holiday!
Located in the tropics, Rarotonga is pretty hot all year round. You will not need a great amount of clothing to experience Rarotonga whether you are looking for a relaxing island holiday, or are adventure seeking!
- Lightweight beachwear and casual clothing, cotton is advisable (or you can pick up a colourful pareu from one of the local shops on arrival - known as a sarong in other countries)
- Casual covered clothing for evening and dining out (most dining in Rarotonga is relatively casual, evenings can get cool in winter months so pants and a jersey are advisable)
- Casual but respectful (covered) clothing to wear into town and local churches. Beachwear is not appropriate to be worn off the beaches and men must be wearing a shirt in public
- Light Waterproof Rain Jacket
- Walking Shoes
- Prescription Medication
- Usual Toiletries (toothbrush, razor etc)
- Sunblock (20+)
- Insect Repellent
- Money (cash, credit card)
Other personal items that you may wish to pack include your favourite book, beach towel, iPad, Laptop, camera or any other of your usual essential holiday items. Sea Change offers complimentary snorkeling gear, kayaks, stand up paddle boards and bicycles for the full Rarotongan experience.
Keep in mind that you are headed to Rarotonga, not the middle of a deserted island! Don’t stress about the little things, Rarotonga has all of the essentials you may need at our local shops if you have forgotten something.